Saturday, October 27, 2012

Trip to Charlotte - Day One



I am off for a long weekend of football and soccer and relaxing evenings in the newly installed hot tub at La Casa Pickett in Charlotte. I made a tight connection in Cleveland and am now on my way to Charlotte. It is cloudy below but blue sunny skies up here. Hopefully I will get home Monday afternoon before that hurricane! The possibilities are daunting as evidenced by this unsettling quote from the NY Times:
“It really could be an extremely significant, historic storm,” said Brian McNoldy, a senior research associate at the University of Miami, explaining that conditions are similar to those that created the famous “perfect storm” of 1991.

I made it to Charlotte on time, actually 15 minutes early. As I write this Saturday morning, Sandy continues to churn up the Easts Coast but it looks now like it will have its maximum impact Saturday night through Sunday. Since I fly back through Dulles, it could be a factor.
Liam was working today even as he picked me up at the airport. He was on a conference call and then had a couple of more that afternoon. We found time to grab some barbecue at a local joint that had just opened in their local plaza.

We then made a trip to The Tinder Box where Liam made some excellent selections of cigars for hot tubbing later that evening.
When we got back home, the kids were all there and, as warms the heart of any Grandaddy, were excited to see me.

We then took Liam Jacob to his Friday night football practice. This was basically a walk through for the game Saturday and focused on special teams play. When I asked Liam what position he played, he answered, "Quarterback, running back, wide receiver, outside line backer, kicker, and punter!" Obviously I will get to see a lot of him in the game Saturday. We dropped Liam Jacob and two friends off at the local high school football game after having stopped at a Chick-fil-a drive through for dinner. You can see more photos of the practice by going here to the Picasa album.

Later that night I got a chance to try out their newly installed hot tub followed by conversation by the fire pit enjoying one of those cigars Liam purchased.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Daltrey Ln,Charlotte,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment