Friday, November 30, 2012

Trip to Kansas City December 2012 - Day One

Holiday decorations at American terminal in O'Hare
It has been my practice for the past several years to travel to Kansas City between Thanksgiving and Christmas to visit Mom and my three sisters.  All my flights were on time and pleasant.  going through O'Hare on a Thursday was just pleasantly crowded rather than hectic and jammed as would be the case on a Friday or Monday.  Fortunately I am returning on Tuesday.

I got to Grand Court in time to have dinner with Mom in the dining room and has a nice visit with Mary, Nadine, and Rose (a new Rose, not the one who is often there.)  They had apple pie with ice cream for dessert.  They must have known I was coming!

My brother Tom had gotten together an album of pictures from Mom's 100th birthday celebration this summer and had sent it to me to bring along on my trip.  After dinner, I opened it and we both had fun looking through the pictures.  He did a great job of selecting from the hundreds of photos that we had all taken and provided to him.

After that, we began an adventure with the television remote.  Terry has set her up with a universal remote with an easy display and simple instructions.  If we could only find it, we would be in business.  We could not, however, and so made do with the television remote.  I am not totally confident that it has been misplaced as much as intentionally hidden so she doesn't have to use it.  I will conduct a thorough search on Friday and see what turns up.

No comments:

Post a Comment