Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Charlotte-Virginia Trip - Day Seven

Starboard engines of the Enola Gay
Tom and I spent the day at the Udvar-Hazy Center of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.  It is located adjacent to Dulles International which is about 10 minutes from Tom's house.  It is break taking in its size and the scope of its exhibits.

The collection is so extensive that it is difficult to describe.  Here is a list of some of those that caught my eye:

Fully deployed satellite




  1. SR-71 Blackbird:  mach 3.2 at 80,000 feet.
  2. The Enola Gay
  3. Concorde SST
  4. Boeing 707
  5. Space Shuttle
  6. American, German and Japanese warplanes
  7. F14 Tomcat
  8. F4 Phantom

Tom and Bill
In the evening we had a chance to spend some time with my nephew Bill.  I  was shocked to see how he had grown since I had seen him last.


No comments:

Post a Comment