Thursday, January 12, 2012

Trip to Appleton-Day One

I am on my way, flying to Chicago on a vey comfortable Canadair Regional Jet. These are nice planes and United and American are using them for service to mid sized cities like Rochester to get passengers to their hubs.




Here is a photo from my iPad as I write this entry. Just before I left I noted that there is a winter storm watch for Appleton Thursday. Looks like an all day event with a storm total of about 8 inches. It will be the first real snow for me this winter. Looking forward to it. Also learned that Meg will have another Roller Derby practice/tryout Thursday night. So I will get to see that and get some photos. Should be a lot of fun.

On time connection in Chicago and I am on my way to Appleton. It is a short flight on another regional jet, Embraer 145. It is nice but not as nice as the CRJ. Beautiful day here, calm before the storm, I guess.

Arrived in Appleton. Meg picked me up at the airport and I am now at their home. Later will go out for some lunch and then to Meg's office during her lab this afternoon. Happy Hour at the Varsity Room later afternoon and then out to dinner with Meg and Lynne.

I spent the afternoon with Meg in her lab for Principles of Classical Physics lab.  They were doing the ballistic pendulum experiment.  You can see some pictures of that lab in the photo album for the trip:  Photo album of Appleton Trip.

Here is a video of one of the "shots" to test out the prediction of the range of one of the "guns."  


No comments:

Post a Comment