Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Kansas City Trip February-Day Five

Sunday Mass at St. James
My final day in Kansas City was clear and cold.  Morning temperature was around 12, cold but an improvement over Saturday when it was 4.  I picked up my sister Mary and we went to Mass at St. James, the parish where I grew up and where Mary still belongs and is very active.  It was good to see that attendance has been increasing over the past several years.  There was a time when I doubted that the parish would be able to continue because the membership had gotten so small.  It continues to do excellent work in an important and stressed area of the city.  Mary and Bob have provided wonderful leadership to the parish and social justice work.

After Mass, I stopped by several stores to pick up several high fiber food items for Mom.  I then constructed a little work sheet for her to help keep track of how much fiber she is eating.

After spending some time on FaceTime with Brynne, I packed up and stopped by Bob and Mary's on the way to the airport.  Luckily Matt, my nephew, and his wife Amy had stopped by to visit his parents and so I got to see them as well.

Landed back in Rochester around 11:30 with the newly fallen 10 or so inches of snow.  My good friend, Richard, picked me up and took me home.  Thanks Richard, and good by to all until the next trip in a couple of weeks to North Carolina, Virginia, and Pennsylvania.

Go to the complete trip photo album.

No comments:

Post a Comment