Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Trip to New York April 2012 - Day One




We had a comfortable trip down to New York. While it was windy--gusts up to 45 mph--the day was mostly sunny and pleasantly cool, almost warm at times. We left the house only 15 minutes later than planned, a miracle if you ask me. We arrived at Ralph and Buffie Richardson's in Macungie PA right on time at noon.

Ralph and I went to St. James Grade School, Rockhurst High School, and Rockhurst College together. I was in their wedding but hadn't seen them or even been in contact for the intervening 47 years until last month when I gathered with them and Pat and Jackie Miller in Charlotte and Asheville NC. This time Marilyn got to meet them.

We had a relaxing two and a half hours at their beautiful home, eating lunch, sharing memories, and getting caught up on family and friends.




The only sad note was a text message from my sister Mary telling me that she had heard that Kevin Glynn, a grade school mate of Ralph and mine at St. James, had died in Kansas City. His obituary tells the story of a wonderful man and meaningful life of professional accomplishment and service. View his obituary in the Kansas City Star.

We arrived at Rob's--Marilyn's brother--shortly after 5:00 having successfully navigated through the city thanks to Google Navigator on my handy phone. Rob fixed a delicious dinner at his new place which is right on the bank of the Mamaroneck River. I went to bed early, even passing up the opportunity to walk into the village for some ice cream. Obviously I was tired!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Mamaroneck NY

No comments:

Post a Comment