Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Trip to Kansas City - Day Eight

This was Marilyn's final day in Missouri.  As soon as we could get going, we drove to Clyde to visit Sr. Paula, some I try to do at least twice year.  She was my spiritual director in San Diego and we have been friends for over 30 years.  She is a monk at the Clyde Mother House of the Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration.  They ahve been doing extensive renovation at the Mother House but the chapel is still a place to encounter the stillness of the divine presence.

As always we had a lively visit with Sr. Paula including a tour of the new renovations and some areas I don't think we were supposed to be.  But you must remember that this a monk who was once criticized for smiling too much!  Fortunately for all of us, she stayed.


Clyde is about two hours north of Kansas City on 71 Highway which goes right by the airport.  so I dropped Marilyn off for her 3:30 flight.  Before we left Nodaway County up north, she suggested we take some pictures of us in a corn field.  Great idea.

My next post will be the final three days of my trip.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment