Saturday, July 14, 2012

Trip to Kansas City - Day Four On the road to KC

We left a little before six and made good progress.  There was some rain and one flash of lightning but little weather of consequence.  Well, there was one little problem.  Within half of a mile of their house, we stopped at a Seven-Eleven for gas and coffee.  We got all set to go and I couldn't find my keys.  Yes, the very ones I used to drive to that spot.  We looked everywhere including inside and even in the trash when I noticed them on the roof where I had placed them as you can see in the photo.  Great.  Now we were all ready to go except except I didn't have my keys.  oh, yeah, I had put them back on the roof to take the picture.

McDonald's turned out to be the official food vendor of Pickett Summer Tour 2012,  Marilyn was busy calculating Weight Watcher points on her tablet so we were ready to order once we got in line.  We got to Kansas City in good order.  Marilyn took a pass on the ball game.  I hustled over to mom's to hook up with Sean for a ride to Kauffman Stadium with Julie and Sam.  I had Liam's tickets and so waited for him outside.  We eventually all made it and went inside to see an very entertaining game.  Unfortunately the White Sox won 9-8 in 14 innings.  i was very impressed with the play of the Royals but not the pitching so much.  It is not hard to understand when five of your pitching staff are on the 60 day DL.  I made till the end of the 11th and called it a day.  Brendan and his gang stayed to the end as did my brother Tom and his son Jamie.  It was a very entertaining game.

A highlight was when Brock participated in a kids throwing contest that was broadcast on the big diamond vision screen for all to see.  See video below.



Check out the update Kansas City photo album.

1 comment:

  1. Bill,
    You might want to check out lumosity.com. They have brain exercises that can help with the memory! :-)
    Richard

    ReplyDelete