Friday, June 8, 2012

Trip to Huntington Beach June - First Day

I took a 5:45 am flight out of Rochester and arrived in Los Angeles around 10:00 after a flawless connection in Chicago.  Weather when I landed was typical:  70's blue skies and no one can remember the last time it rained.  Galen picked me up and we got to the house around 11:30.  After a walk to Trader Joe's for lunch fixings, I got a tour of the yard including a very impressive vegetable garden with several corn stalks that tower over us all.

Maggie dances in the hole in the middle at Cherry-on-Top
We walked to the grade school to get Maggie and Thomas, the nine-year-old twins who celebrate their birthday this Saturday.  It wasn't long before someone suggested a trip to Cherry-on-Top for a little treat.  No, it wasn't me but I gladly went along with the idea.

Robert and Henry had gotten home just before we left.  It was great to see them both.  More about them and their activities later.

The weekend will be filled with activities beginning with a six girl sleepover Friday night.  On Saturday Galen and I are taking Thomas and two of his friends to Soak World, a water park while Maggie has a makeover party at home.  Some time this weekend, it looks like I will be taking Robert and Henry to see Prometheus, thus completing a karmic circle that began with my taking the three oldest to see Alien when it first came out.

See some more pictures in the trip album.

No comments:

Post a Comment